During this time of year, people rush to visit family and friends and purchase last-minute gifts, making the roads busier than ever. In extreme weather, people tend to forget to slow down and be careful on the ice and the snow and instead focus on getting to their destinations as quickly as possible.
Yet, driving in the snow and ice is no cakewalk, and drivers need to remember to be very careful. Before the next storm, keep these tips from Mass.gov top of your mind:
- Invest in an Ice Scraper and Brushes: Remove snow and ice from your vehicles, including from your windows, bumpers, license plate, hood, and roof, before driving.
- Don’t Follow Too Closely: Leave space between your car and the vehicle in front of you.
- Stay on the Main Roads: Forgo the backroads, which often aren’t clear, and stay on main roads that are more likely to have been plowed.
- Don’t Cruise: Never use cruise control in inclement weather.
- Don’t Drive Alone: If possible, make sure to have passengers in your car to help you navigate.
The joy and happiness of the magical holiday season shouldn’t be tainted by a preventable car accident. By remembering these simple tips, you can protect yourself and your passengers and arrive at your destination safely.
If you or a loved one is seriously injured from a car accident in inclement weather that was not your fault, call Jeffrey Glassman Injury Lawyers, and our automobile accident attorneys will provide a free consultation.
We’re Boston Injury Attorneys Who Are Committed to Your Case
Your case is important to us. We understand what you are going through, which is why we will walk you through the claims process and protect your rights every step of the way.
Contact us by submitting a form below or calling our office at 617-777-7777 for a free case evaluation today.