Millions of Americans will soon be boarding planes, trains, and automobiles to travel to see loved ones this holiday season. Our team at Jeffrey Glassman Injury Lawyers want to remind everyone traveling this holiday season to stay safe with these helpful travel tips:
- Avoid peak travel times: When planning your travel time, avoid peak dates and times.
- Know your airport: If you are traveling by plane, make sure to know your route.Checking alternate airports can help in the long run; the smaller the airport, the fewer flights and delays.
- Leave early: Make sure to give yourself extra travel time in case there is a delay on the road or in the air. If you are flying, plot your connections carefully keeping in mind larger airports have more delays. If you’re traveling by car, know your route and avoid heavy traffic areas, such as highways.
- Travel early or late in the day: By traveling early or late in the day, you can avoid hitting major traffic or experiencing delays.
- Stay calm: Traveling during the busiest time of the year can be a little chaotic. Be prepared for delays and keep your cool. Remember to take some deep breaths.
- Don’t speed: Give yourself plenty of travel time to get to your destination, since there maybe way more traffic than usual.
- Don’t drink & drive: Whatever you do, wherever you go, don’t consume alcohol then get behind the wheel of a car. Even if you think you’re not drunk or intoxicated, your reaction time is considerably slower after alcohol consumption. Don’t risk it.
- Don’t text & drive: When behind the wheel of a vehicle, especially with loved ones in the car, keep your eyes on the road, your hands on the wheel, and your head looking straight ahead at traffic.
- Keep provisions in the car: Always keep bottled water and a blanket, have a full tank of gas, some snacks to eat, and jumper cables in your car. You never know when you will hit a storm or breakdown, so be prepared!
Our Experienced Boston Car Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help
If you or a loved one is seriously injured from a car accident that wasn’t your fault, call Jeffrey Glassman Injury Lawyers.
Call us today at 617-7777-777 for a FREE, confidential consultation. When you call our experienced Massachusetts personal injury lawyers, we will investigate every detail of your accident at no cost to you.